Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
About the Contour App
Last Updated: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 > Related Articles
Learn about the features and requirements for the Cox Contour App.
The Contour app works with your Cox home network and Contour TV guide to offer you a new personalized way to watch live TV, search and watch your favorite shows via On Demand, listen to music, browse TV listings, schedule DVR recordings, receive personal recommendations, and more!
Use the links below to quickly access information such as:
With the Contour App, you can:
- Watch over 100 live channels and thousands of On Demand programs while in the home.
- Receive personal recommendations for up to seven users, based on your TV and app viewing history - available for customers with the Contour guide only (look for the Contour from Cox logo located at the bottom left corner of your TV guide).
Note: If you do not have the Contour guide, you can receive recommendations based on the content you view within the app.
- Use the app as a remote using the “Watch on TV” feature which allows you to push a current program or On Demand show from your tablet to the Television - available for customers with the Contour guide only.
- View current and upcoming shows within a seven day timeframe.
- Set DVR recordings.
- Search and browse TV listings.
- Access on up to five devices at a time per primary user account.
- Manage your personal video library and access third party mobile apps.
The Contour app offers several experiences based on the services you subscribe to with Cox. To experience the full list of features you must have:
- Essential, Preferred, Premier, Premier Plus, or Ultimate Internet service.
- Cox Advanced TV or higher, and the Contour guide.
- A Cox primary account holder user ID and password.
- A WiFi home network behind a DOCSIS modem, eMTA, or gateway.
- A supported device and operating system. (See Supported Devices below.)
The Contour app is currently available for use on the following devices and operating systems.
|Type||Operating System||Supported Devices|
|Apple||iOS 6.x or higher||An iPad 2.0 or newer, or an iPad Mini|
|Android||Android OS 4.2|
If you do not meet the above requirements, see What Features Can I Use and Where? below.
|Feature||TV Minimum Requirement||Cox High Speed Internet Required?||Available out of home?|
Watch over 100 live TV channels
|Cox TV Essential||Yes.|
|Watch Video on Demand||Cox Advanced TV||Yes.|
|Schedule DVR Recordings||Any TV package with DVR service||No||Yes|
|Watch on TV|
(Push a currently airing program or On Demand show from App to TV screen)
|Cox Advanced TV with Contour Guide||No||Yes|
|Receive personal recommendations based on profile within the app only||Cox Advanced TV||Yes.|
|Receive program recommendations based on Contour user and app profile viewing within the app and TV||Cox Advanced TV with Contour Guide||Yes.|
|Browse TV Listings||Cox Starter with Digital service or Contour Guide||No||Yes|
|Manage Parental Controls||Cox Advanced TV||Yes. |
|Share Favorite Channels between app and TV||Cox Advanced TV with Contour Guide||No||Yes|
|Access to Channel Apps||Any TV Package with Digital service or Contour Guide||No||Yes|