Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
Turn On / Off Closed Captions for a DVR Cable Box
Last Updated: Sat, 07 May 2011 > Related Articles
Closed Captioning lets you view text for the dialog.
These steps work for a cable box that is providing DVR service, not a standard- or HD-only cable box.
To turn on Closed Captioning:
- Press the SETTINGS button, then press the A button.
- Use the arrow buttons to highlight the Language/Idioma preference
- Press SELECT.
- Scroll to Closed Captioning and press SELECT.
- Scroll to the On/Off option and press SELECT.
- Use the arrow button to highlight On and press SELECT.
- You are returned to the Options column, where you can either:
- Press EXIT to keep your settings
- Use the arrow buttons to select Digital Service (or Analog); and then select from Automatic, Primary, Secondary, DTV CC 3, DTV CC, 4, DTV CC 5 and DTV CC 6 options; and then press SELECT to set up Closed Captioning Text or Background options.
To turn off Closed Captioning:
- Complete steps a through e above.
- Use the arrow button to highlight Off and press SELECT.
- Press EXIT to activate your settings.