Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
Activate WatchESPN on Xbox
Last Updated: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 > Related Articles
Use the steps below to activate WatchESPN on your Xbox.
Before You Begin
- You must be an Xbox Live Gold subscriber to activate and access WatchESPN.
- Authentication is triggered when you click on any WatchESPN content (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPN U etc.)
- All Xbox Live Gold subscribers will have access to clips and content from ESPN.com. WatchESPN will allow you to view live events once you have been authenticated.
- At this time Xbox will NOT be supporting Closed Captioning.
- Some content will be Blacked-Out regardless of authentication such as 30 for 30 and WSOP.
- From the Xbox ESPN home screen, click on First Take.
A screen displays the content that you clicked on and will prompt you to authenticate.
- Click Choose your provider.
- Select Cox.
A URL will display for you to go to a web browser to continue. (http://watchespn.com/activate/cox).
- Go to a web browser (PC or Mac) and go to http://watchespn.com/activate/cox.
- Cox should be pre-selected, enter the registration code displayed on your Xbox screen.
- Click Continue.
The Cox.com login page displays.
- Sign in with your Cox user ID and password.
The WatchESPN page displays and states,“You can now go back to your Xbox and enjoy ESPN programming.”
- Return to the Xbox and click Continue. An “Authenticating…” message displays verifying authentication status.
Once complete, the First Take content will begin playing in the hero tile of the Xbox.