Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
Select Parental Control Locks for a Standard or HD Cable Box
Last Updated: Sat, 07 May 2011 > Related Articles
Select channels, ratings, times, and Adult titles to block from view.
These steps work for a standard- or HD-only cable box, not a cable box providing DVR service.
To select content to block:
- Press the SETTINGS button, then press the A button.
- Scroll to the Parental Control preference.
- Press the down arrow to highlight one of the following Preferences:
- Blocked Channels - select channels to block from view
- Blocked Ratings - If you lock the rating R, programs rated NC-17 and NR (Adult) will also be locked out.
- Blocked Time - Select time periods when TV cannot be watched.
- Hide Adult Titles - This setting blocks adult titles and descriptions from appearing in several places in the user interface (including the Program Guide, Saved Shows, Scheduled Recordings, Series Manager, Info Banner, Channel Banner and PPV channels). It also automatically adds NC-17 and NR (Adult) ratings to the Locked Ratings list.
- Press the right arrow and then SELECT items to block from view.
- When finished selecting items, press the left arrow to return to the Preferences column.
- Continue selecting ratings, times, and Adult Titles to block from view.
- When you are finished, press the EXIT button.
All steps complete.