Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
Using the Pause Live TV Feature in a Whole Home DVR Network
Last Updated: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 > Related Articles
Pause live TV from any receiver on a Cox Whole Home DVR network.
Any receiver in a Whole Home DVR (WH DVR) network can pause a live TV show in real time. Simply press the pause button on the remote control.
If the DVR receiver is tied up recording the maximum number of shows, then the client receiver cannot Pause a Live TV show. If that happens, you can cancel one of the DVR recordings in progress and then pause from the client receiver.
Cancel a Recording
To cancel a recording in process:
- Go to the DVR and tune to a recording in process.
- Press the SELECT button on the remote.
- Highlight the option Cancel This Recording.
- Then press SELECT again.
To Pause and Resume Live TV
- Press the pause button on the remote for the HD client receiver.
Note: If the pause did not occur, either:
- Wait 5-10 seconds for the pause to activate.
- The Pause Live TV setting is turned OFF. Turn it back ON. (See steps above.)
- The DVR is unable to execute the pause for the client receiver. Either the DVR is busy making simultaneous recordings or the person watching TV from the DVR clicked the NO option when the request to pause the client receiver was displayed onscreen. The DVR will enable the HD client pause if:
- The person watching TV from the DVR either clicked the YES option or didn't respond at all to the request to pause live TV.
- You cancel a DVR recording that's in process. See the section below titled, "How To Enable and Disable Client Pause From the DVR."
- Press the play button on the remote to resume viewing a paused program.
Note: For the remainder of the program, you can rewind to the point when you paused it. You can fast forward and instant replay throughout the remainder of the program.