Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
Search for a Code to Program the Cox Digital Interactive AT8400 Remote Control for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver
Last Updated: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 > Related Articles
Follow these steps to search for an alternate code if a home entertainment device does not respond to the remote control after trying all of the codes listed in the list of manufacturer's codes for your brand.
If a home entertainment device does not respond to the Cox Digital Interactive AT8400 Remote Control after you tried all of the codes listed in the list of manufacturer's codes for your brand, or if your brand is not listed at all, try searching for your code.
Note: For additional information on programming the Cox Digital Interactive AT8400 Remote Control for a home entertainment device, refer to Program the Cox Digital Interactive AllTouch Remote Control for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver.
Cox Digital Interactive AT8400 Remote Control
To search for a code for a device, perform the following steps:
Note: The mode buttons blink twice when the remote reaches the last code in a library. Each mode button has a library of codes associated with it. The number of codes in a library determines how long it will take to check all of the codes in that library.
- Turn on the device that you want the remote control to control.
- Press and hold the SELECT button and the mode button that you want to program until the mode buttons blink twice.
Type of Device Mode Button TV and HDTV TV VCR, DVD player, PVR, and CD player VCR Receivers, audio amplifiers or tuners AUX
Example: To program the TV button, press and hold SELECT and TV at the same time.
Note: If you reassigned a button to work in a different mode, you can program the button to work with a device associated with the new mode.
For additional information on reassigning buttons, refer to Reassign Device Buttons on the Cox Digital Interactive AllTouch Remote Control.
- Using the number keys, enter 9 - 9 - 1.
Result: The selected mode button blinks twice.
Aim the remote control at the device and press the play button located between the fast-forward and rewind buttons for VCR / VOD operation.
- The remote automatically tests each code in the mode buttons library, beginning with the most common codes.
- The selected mode button blinks once each time the remote transmits a new code.
- The selected mode button blinks twice when it reaches the last code.
- As soon as the device turns off, press the SELECT button.
- Press the POWER button.
If the device... Then... Turns off Press the SELECT button to assign the code. Does not turn off
- Turn the device on.
- Press the CH + or CH - button until the device turns off.
- When the device turns off, press the SELECT button to assign the code.
- To search for codes for other devices, repeat steps 1 through 7.
All steps complete.