Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
Program the Universal M7820 Remote Control for a TV / VCR Combination
Last Updated: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 > Related Articles
Use this article to program a Cox DVR Universal M7820 Remote Control to control a TV/VCR combo unit.
Cox DVR Universal Remote Control
To program the Cox DVR Universal Remote Control to control a TV / VCR combo unit, perform the following steps:
Turn on the TV / VCR and insert a video cassette.
On the remote control, press the DVD button once.
Press and hold the SETUP button until the DVD button blinks twice, then release the SETUP button.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s codes to locate the code for the TV / VCR.
- Using the number buttons on the remote, enter the first four-digit code listed in the manufacturer's codes for the device.
- If the DVD button blinks twice, the operation was performed correctly.
- If the DVD button emits a long blink, the code is invalid. Repeat steps 2 through 4 using the same code again.
Aim the remote control at the TV / VCR, and then press the POWER button once.
Note: If the TV / VCR does not have a Power button, press the Play button on the front panel.
- The device turns off.
- If the device does not turn off, repeat steps 2 – 5, trying each code listed in the manufacturer's codes for your brand until you find one that works.
- If the device still does not turn off, refer to Search for a Code to Program the Cox DVR Universal M7820 Remote Control for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver.
Program the remote to access the volume control.
|A separate TV setup code is listed for the TV / VCR setup code that worked for the TV / VCR.||Follow the steps in Program the Cox DVR Universal M7820 Remote Control for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver to program the TV setup code into the remote.|
|No separate TV code is listed for the TV / VCR setup code that worked for the TV / VCR.||Follow the steps below to access the volume control:|
All steps complete.