Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
Set Up Manual DVR Recording
Last Updated: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 > Related Articles
Learn how to set up your DVR to manually record a program.
- Press the GUIDE button on the remote.
The Guide displays.
If your Guide does not display as pictured below, skip to the steps for the Alternate Guide below.
- Highlight the program or channel you want to record and press the right arrow button.
Highlight the Set Manual Recording option, then press the right arrow button.
- Modify the Start Time and the End Time using the down and right arrow buttons.
- Then press the B button to complete the setup.
From the Program Guide, highlight the program or channel you want to record and then press the REC (Record) button.
- Using the up and down arrow buttons, highlight the Create a manual recording option.
- Press the SELECT button.
Select either Individual to record one time, or select Recurring to record at the same time on the designated days.
- Press the right arrow to access the Channel column. You can use the up and down arrows to highlight a different channel.
- Press the right arrow to access the Days column. You can adjust the dates for recurring recordings.
- Press the right arrow to access the Start column. Set the time the recording should start using the up and down arrows.
- Press the right arrow and select the End column. Set the time the recording should stop using the arrow buttons.
- Press the A button to complete the setup.