Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
Program the Cox Digital Interactive ER1 Remote Control for a TV
Last Updated: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 > Related Articles
If the Cox Digital Interactive ER1 Remote Control does not work with your TV, program the remote using the steps below.
Cox Digital Interactive ER1 Remote Control
- Turn on the TV that you want the remote control to control.
- Before moving to step 2, read steps 2 – 4 completely. Highlight or write down the code(s) you want to program.
- Point the remote control away from all devices.
- Press and hold the SELECT button and the TV button until the LED on the remote control blinks twice.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s codes to locate the code for the type and brand name of the TV that you want the remote control to control.
- Using the number buttons on the remote, enter the first three-digit code listed in the manufacturer's codes for your TV.
Result: The LED on the remote control blinks twice.
Aim the remote at the VCR, and then press the POWER button, MUTE button, or the volume control buttons.
- The TV performs the operation associated with the selected button.
For example, if the POWER button is pressed, the TV turns off.
- If the device does not operate properly, repeat steps 2 – 4, trying each code listed in the manufacturer's codes for the TV brand until you find one that works.
Note: If you programmed the remote control to adjust the volume via the Cox digital receiver rather than the volume on the TV, test only the POWER button.
For additional information on programming the volume controls, refer to Program the Volume Controls for the Cox Digital Interactive ER1 Remote Control.
All steps complete.