Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
Turning Off Voice Mail
Last Updated: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 > Related Articles
View steps to turn off Cox Voice Mail, or change the number of rings so that you can screen calls using your answering machine.
Turn Off Voicemail
There are two ways to disable the Voice Mail feature of your Cox home phone service. You can turn voice mail off completely by completing the following steps.
- Sign in to Phone Tools at http://phonetools.cox.net.
- Click Settings located on the main menu.
- Click the arrow next to Voice Mail to expand the options.
- Next to Voice Mail On/Off, click the Change button.
- Select OFF, then click Submit.
The second way is to allow your answering machine to intercept the call before Cox Voice Mail can. To do this, set the Voice Mail rings to nine and leave the answering machine at four or five rings. That way, the answering machine will always pick up first, on the 4th or 5th ring, and Voice Mail will never pick up since it is set for the 9th ring.
Change the Number of Rings
Use this option to change the number of times the phone rings before Cox Voice Mail picks up the call.
Important: If you live in Georgia, Roanoke VA, Florida, or Baton Rouge, LA, then call us to change the number of rings for you. Those phone networks require that we set the rings from our facility.
- Lift the home phone handset.
- Press *78 and wait for the confirmation dial tone.
- Enter the number of rings you'll allow -- from 2 to 9 -- before the call is forwarded to voice mail.
- Listen for the confirmation tone, then hang up.