Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
Turning Off Voice Mail
Last Updated: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 > Related Articles
View steps to turn off Cox Voice Mail, or change the number of rings.
To disable the Voice Mail feature of your Cox home phone service, you can turn voice mail off completely by completing the following steps.
- Sign in to Phone Tools at http://phonetools.cox.net.
- Click Settings located on the main menu.
- Click the arrow next to Voice Mail to expand the options.
- Next to Voice Mail On/Off, click the Change button.
- Select OFF, then click Submit.
Change the Number of Rings
To change the number of rings before the Cox Voice Mail picks up the call, complete the following steps.
This option is commonly used to allow your answering machine to intercept the call before the Cox Voice Mail.
Important: If you live in Georgia, Roanoke VA, Florida, or Baton Rouge, LA, then call us to change the number of rings for you. Those phone networks require that we set the rings from our facility.
- Lift the home phone handset.
- Press *78 and wait for the confirmation dial tone.
- Enter the number of rings by pressing any number between two and nine.
- Listen for the confirmation tone, then hang up.