Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
Cisco DPQ3212 eMTA Modem
Last Updated: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 > Related Articles
View troubleshooting and setup tips for the DPQ3212 modem.
The Cisco DPQ3212 is a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem that enables wired telephone and Internet services from Cox. It connects to the coax cable from the wall and delivers digital telephone and Internet access through the connection ports on its back panel. The modem:
- Can be activated for up to two phone lines, a high-speed Internet device (such as a PC or router), and a secondary Internet device via a 12 Mbps USB port.
- Requires subscription to Cox Digital Telephone and / or Cox High Speed Internet service.
After the modem is successfully connected to the network, the POWER, DS, US, and ONLINE indicators illuminate continuously to indicate that the modem is online and fully operational. For more details, refer to the Modem Lights section.
The modem includes the following connection ports:
- POWER - Connects the cable modem to the power adapter.
- ETHERNET - Connects to the Ethernet port on your computer.
- USB - Connects to the USB port on your computer.
- TELEPHONE 1 and 2 - Connects to the telephone (or fax).
- RESET - Used by Cox maintenance to reset the modem - may delete all previous settings.
- CABLE - Connects to the cable wall outlet.
|Off||No power||Verify power supply connections and electrical outlet, also make sure the outlet is not connected to a switch.|
|Blinking Green||Modem is establishing a connection from the Internet to the computer.|
|Blinking Green||Modem is trying to connect to service. Looking for upstream.|
|Off||Modem is establishing a connection from the computer to the Internet.|
|LINK||Solid Green||None. A single device is connected to either the Ethernet or USB port and no data is being sent to or from the modem.||N/A|
|Blinking Green||None. A single device is connected to either the Ethernet or USB port and data is being transferred between the PC and the cable modem.||N/A|
|Off||No devices connected.|
|TEL 1 |
|Solid Green||None. Indicates service is enabled.||NA|
|Blinking Green||None. Indicates Line 1 or Line 2 is in use.||NA|
|BATTERY||Solid Green||None. Indicates battery is charged.||NA|
|Blinking Green||Indicates battery charge is low.||Make sure the power cord is connected to the unit and an active power source. If the battery is over seven (7) years old, contact Customer Support.|
|Off||Indicates there is no battery in the unit.||Contact Customer Support.|