Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
Change your TV Caller ID Settings
Last Updated: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 > Related Articles
Learn how to enable and/or disable the TV Caller ID feature if you subscribe to Cox Digital Telephone with Caller ID and Cox Advanced TV.
Follow the steps below to enable (turn ON) or disable (turn OFF) your TV Caller ID.
Note: If you have more than one cable box in your home, follow this procedure for each unit.
Access the TV Caller ID Settings Menu
- Press the MENU button on your remote control to display the Quick Menu.
- Press the UP or DOWN arrow buttons on your remote control to highlight the Caller ID option.
- Press the SELECT button on your remote control to display the Caller ID screen.
- Press the A or ACCEPT button on your remote control to bring up the Caller ID Settings menu.
Change the TV Caller ID Settings
- Press the UP or DOWN arrow buttons on your remote control to highlight the Caller ID Status option.
- Press the LEFT or RIGHT arrow buttons on your remote control to select either ENABLE (ON) or DISABLE (OFF).
- Press the A or ACCEPT button on your remote control to save your changes and return to the TV Caller ID menu.
Note: You can also change the Notification Duration options from the TV Caller ID Settings menu to set how long the information banner displays on your TV screen. Notification Duration options are as follows:
- Short: displays on the TV for 15 seconds
- Medium: displays on the TV for 30 seconds
- Long: displays on the TV for 60 seconds
Exit the TV Caller ID Menu
When you are finished changing your TV Caller ID settings, simply tune to another channel or press the LAST button on your remote control.