Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
Using Three Way Calling
Last Updated: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 > Related Articles
This article describes how to add a third person to the line when you are on a call.
What is Three Way Calling?
Three Way Calling allows you to add a third person to the line when you are on a call.
Adding a Third Person to the Call
- Press and quickly release the switchhook to place the first person on hold.
- Listen for the dial tone (if operating on a per use basis, press *71, otherwise proceed directly to step 3).
- Dial the third person's phone number.
- To make the three-way connection, press and quickly release the switchhook.
Result: You can now talk with both people at the same time.
All steps complete.
The switchhook is the button the handset pushes down when you hang up the phone. Some telephones have a Link or Flash key you can press instead.
Canceling a Three Way Connection
- If the third person did not answer or you wish to disconnect them,
just press and quickly release the switchhook. You will then be reconnected to the person holding.
- If either of the two people hang up, you can continue talking with the remaining person.