The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
About Cox Mobile Connect
Last Updated: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 > Related Articles
Learn about the Cox Mobile Connect app for iPhone, iPod Touch, and Android platform.
Mobile Connect is your gateway for Cox Digital Telephone and Cox Advanced TV on your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, or Android device. Cox Mobile Connect is a free app that allows you to manage your home phone calls, view TV listings, schedule DVR recordings, and get helpful tips about Cox services.
Cox Mobile Connect consists of five modules, which are:
- Home Phone - Browse through your Home Phone call logs, check voice mail, change settings on home phone for call forwarding, and manage other features.
- TV & DVR - Browse through available channels on your Cox TV, search for specific programs, set up reminders for programs, and schedule recording of TV programs and movies remotely.
- View / Pay Bill - View account alerts, and make payments using View / Pay Bill via Mobile Connect.
- Support & Care -Find information to help you use the Home Phone and TV & DVR modules, and access Bill Pay (iPad only).
- Store Locator - Locate stores in your area or by zip code, and see store details such as hours of operation and services
The Cox Mobile Connect home page displays icons that you tap to access each of the modules.
- The Home Phone and TV & DVR modules require authentication. You must log in using your registered Cox User ID and password to access these modules. If you do not currently have a user ID and password on Cox.com, you must create one before you can log in to the Home Phone and TV / DVR modules in Cox Mobile Connect. See Cox.com Account Registration and Preferences.
- You must subscribe to Cox Digital Telephone or Cox Advanced TV to access and use the Home Phone and TV & DVR modules. If you have not subscribed to a service, you can still tap the module's icon, but you will see a message stating that you are not subscribed to the service.
- Functionality specific to iPhone, like Call Back and Send Text Message, is disabled on iPod Touch and iPad.
Supported Operating Systems
Cox Mobile Connect works on the following operating systems:
- iPhone and iPod Touch, iOS 5.0 and above
- Android OS versions 2.2 and above
- iPad iOS 5.0 and above
Cox Mobile connect is only available on the operating systems indicated above.