The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Search for Classic WebMail Messages
Last Updated: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 > Related Articles
Learn to conduct a detailed search for email messages in WebMail.
Looking for a particular message in your Inbox? Find it faster using the Search button in Classic WebMail.
Not what you were looking for? See Using Cox Classic WebMail for more articles.
- From the WebMail Inbox, click Search.
- In the text field under Search for:, enter a word or phrase to help you find the message, such as the sender's name.
- Choose whether to look for that word or phrase in the subject of the email, the From field, or in the actual message.
- Click the Match Case checkbox if you want to search using capital and lower case letters just as you entered them.
If you type "Bob" in the Search for field and click the Match Case checkbox, the search will find "Bob" but not "bob."
- Choose the folder you would like to search in, such as your Sent Mail or even the Trash.
- In the Search in area, click the checkboxes next to the folder in which you want to search. To search through all the folders, click the Search all folders checkbox.
Note: You must choose a folder in order to obtain results.
- Click OK.
If no messages are found, the words No Messages will display, as shown below.
- To refine your search, click Search again.