The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Access Cox Email on Android Device with Free K-9 Email App
Last Updated: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 > Related Articles
Set up Android devices that may not be compatible with Cox email, such as Samsung Stratosphere.
Having trouble accessing your Cox.net email with your Android device?
While the Cox.net email platform works well with most Android devices, Cox recommends the K-9 email app for customers who, for whatever reason, cannot use the mail client installed on their Android device. K-9 email is a free, 3rd-party app that can be downloaded from the Internet.
Cox does not support the K-9 email client. It only recommends its use in cases where the built-in email client cannot be used. Contact the application manufacturer for support issues. See also Set Up an Android Device to Send and Receive Cox.net Email.
To install the K-9 app, follow the steps below.
Download the K-9 email client from either the Android Market or Google Play store.
- Once in either of these locations, click the search button and enter K9.
- From the search results, select the K-9 Mail application provided by K-9 Dog Walkers.
- Click the Install button.
- Once installed, open the application.
- On the introduction screen click the Next button.
- When prompted, enter your Cox.net email address and Password.
- Click Next.
- When prompted, you have the option to provide an account name, but you must enter a display name for outbound messages. This is usually your first and last name.
- Click the Done button.
See FAQs below for additional information on the K-9 email app.
Some Android devices, such as the Samsung Stratosphere, have a built-in email client that is not currently compatible with all email clients, including Cox.net email. The K-9 email client is free to Android users and allows them to access their Cox.net email accounts.
Cox does not support the K-9 email client but only recommends its use in cases where the built-in email client cannot be used. Contact the application manufacturer for support issues.
To delete your email messages from the Cox email server when deleted within the K-9 mail app:
- Go to Menu > More > Settings > Account Settings > Fetching >When I delete a message.
- Choose Delete from Server.
To remove the K-9 email client:
- Choose Menu > More > Accounts.
- Press and hold the account you wish to remove.
- Choose Advanced > Remove Account.
No. In order to get new messages from the Cox email server you must configure K-9:
- Go to Menu > More > Settings > Account Settings > Fetching Mail > Folder poll frequency.
- Choose how regularly you want K-9 to search for new messages.