The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
About Cox Secure Online Backup
Last Updated: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 > Related Articles
Cox Secure Online Backup is an online backup service. The service allows all Cox High Speed Internet subscribers to backup and share their files online.
The Cox Secure Online Backup service provides you with:
- An easier to use interface and more storage space – all free-of-charge to existing Cox High Speed Internet subscribers.
- Automatic backup to keep all your files safe and secure.
- Access to your files anytime, anywhere–even on the go.
- Sharing files easily online with family and friends.
With Cox Secure Online Backup service, you will have access to Cox Drag and Drop Backup and Cox Secure Online Backup Manager.
- Cox Drag and Drop Backup - Cox Drag and Drop Backup provides a virtual desktop folder that allows you to drag files from your desktop and drop them directly into your account. Once uploaded on your Cox account, you can share them with family, friends, and colleagues.
- Cox Secure Online Backup Manager - You can select files and schedule automatic backups on your computer through Cox Secure Online Backup for Windows. The application monitors selected files for changes, and automatically uploads them to your account.
Note: Only the Account Holder Identity can activate Cox Secure Online Backup.
Packages and Storage
The amount of storage varies depending on your Cox High Speed Internet package.
|Starter Package||1 GB|
|Essential Package||1 GB|
|Preferred Package||5 GB|
|Premier Package||50 GB|
|Premier Plus Package||50 GB|
Changing your Cox High Speed Internet service package affects your storage limit. If you downgrade your Internet Service package, you will need to manage the storage capacity to the storage limit of your new package to avoid losing online files.
Accessing Cox Secure Online Backup
Cox Secure Online Backup is accessible via the following methods.
- Via the Cox Internet Tools at www.cox.com/backup
- Downloadable software client – both Windows and Macintosh versions
- Virtual “Desktop Drive” which looks like a file folder and allows easy drag-and-drop backup
- Future Feature - Mobile version for Android and iOS phones
Contact us at 1-800-923-7580.