The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Create an Additional Cox Email Address Using Internet Tools
Last Updated: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 > Related Articles
With Cox High Speed Internet service, you can add additonal email addresses to your account. Refer to these steps to add an additional email to your account using Internet Tools.
- Place your mouse cursor over the My Connection tab and click Internet Tools from the menu.
Result: The Internet Tools page displays.
- Enter primary User ID and Password, then click Sign In.
If you do not remember your password, click Forgot your Password?.
- Under My Account located on the left navigation bar, click the Email button.
Result: The Email Address box displays the user IDs and email addresses associated with the Cox High Speed Internet account.
- Click Add new email address.
Result: The Authorized Users window displays.
Note: When you add an authorized user you are also creating a new email account.
- Select Add an additional Authorized User and click Add.
Note: In the image below the first email address represents the Account Holder. You will be creating a second address; an new account.
Complete the following:
- Enter the following for the authorized user:
- First Name: First name of the user.
- Last Name Create a User ID (click the ? for instructions)
- User ID Nickname: Enter a nickname for your user ID. (Optional)
- User ID: Enter the new User ID.
- Password: Create a password and re-enter the password (click the ? for instructions)
Note: A password strength meter will show you how secure the new password you select is.
- Challenge and Response: Enter the security code in the space provided.
- Click Add.
Result: A confirmation is displayed with the following:
- Account Number
- User ID
- Authorized User ID
User ID Guidelines:
- User IDs must be 3 to 32 characters.
- User IDs are not case sensitive.
User IDs may contain:
- Alphabetic characters (a to z)
- Numbers (0 to 9)
- Dash (- )
- Underscore (_)
- Period (.)
Note: A period (.) is not allowed as the first or last character of a user ID.
- A completely numeric user ID cannot have more than ten digits.
- Click Continue.
Result: The Authorized Users page displays.