The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Manage Email Messages in Enhanced WebMail
Last Updated: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 > Related Articles
Learn to use the message features of Enhanced WebMail.
If you are looking for a quick reference guide to the most commonly used features in Enhanced WebMail, click the links below to find out how to use each feature.
- From the WebMail Inbox click Preferences.
- Click your email address.
- Click Block Senders.
- To allow anyone to send you messages, click the radio button next to ON.
- To block certain email addresses, click the radio button next to OFF then in the box next to Block, enter any email addresses you want to block then click Block.
Note: You can also block all email from a certain domain by adding it to the blocked list, such as yahoo.com, but you if you do this, you will not be able to receive any email from people who use yahoo.com as their email client. You would need to add any addresses that use yahoo,.com to an Exceptions List. For example, you may want to block everyone who uses yahoo.com, except email@example.com. Otherwise all email from yahoo.com will be blocked.
- If you want to add anyone to the Exceptions List, enter that email address in the box next to Add then click Add.
- To automatically send blocked addresses to the trash, click the radio button next to Delete immediately.
- To send blocked addresses to a folder you created in advance, click the radio button next to Put in folder, then choose your folder.
- Click Save.
- Click Close.
- From the WebMail Inbox, put a check next to the email message you want to forward.
- Enter the email address of the person who needs to receive the message.
- Click Send.
Note: To forward all your email messages to one of your other email accounts click Preferences, then click your email address. Click Mail Forwarding, then click ON. Now enter the email address where you want all your future email to go.
- From the WebMail Inbox, find the message(s) you want to mark.
- Without opening the message, right-click on it then choose Mark as Read or Mark as Unread.
- From the WebMail Inbox, find the message(s) you want to print.
- Without opening the message, right-click on it then choose Print Message.
Result: The Print window will display, and your message will also open in a new window.
- From the Print window click Print.
- Close both windows.
- From the WebMail Inbox, find the message(s) you want to open.
- Double-click the message to open, or put a check in the box next to the message and press Enter.
- From the WebMail Inbox, find the message to which you want to reply.
- If you open the message, click the Reply or Reply to All button.
If you do not open the message, right-click it and click Reply or Reply to All, or put a check next to the message and click Reply or Reply to All.
Note: If you do not want the original message included in your reply, click Preferences, then General Email Preferences. Make sure the box next to Reply Quoting is unchecked. Click Save then Close.
- From the WebMail Inbox, click Preferences.
- Click General Email Preferences.
- Put a check in the box next to Save Outgoing Messages.
- Click Save.
- Click Close.
- From the WebMail Inbox, find the Check Mail button.
- Under the Check Mail button put a check in the first empty box.
Result: All messages in your Inbox are selected. You can tell because they will all be highlighted.
- Choose to either Delete All or Mark as Read or Unread.
- Uncheck the box if you no longer want to select the messages.
- From the WebMail Inbox, click the header you would like to use to sort. You can sort by From, Subject, Date, or Size.
Result: All your messages will become highlighted in a dark gray. Wait a few seconds to the highlighting to clear and your messages will be sorted by the chosen header.