The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Classic WebMail Error With Java Version 18.104.22.168
Last Updated: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 > Related Articles
Provides possible workarounds for an issue with Classic WebMail and Java Version 22.214.171.124.
An issue has been identified for Classic WebMail users who have the latest version of Java, 126.96.36.199. This article provides possible workarounds for this issue.
After composing a message in Classic WebMail using the HTML editor, when you try to compose another message using the editor, an error displays “Unable to initialize applet”.
This issue of Classic WebMail with the current version of Java 188.8.131.52 has been reported to Java to correct. Until Java has released a fix for this issue, the following are possible workarounds.
- Switch to Enhanced WebMail. Refer to Using Cox Enhanced WebMail.
- Disable the 184.108.40.206 version of Java.
- In Windows click Start->Control Panel->Java->View and click the X box beside version 220.127.116.11.
- In Firefox, click Tools->Add Ons->Java Console 6.0.22->Disable.
Note: Cox does not support this option.
- Close Classic WebMail and start a new session.