Learn how to protect, connect, and relax with support for your Home Security service. From arming and disarming your alarm, to managing your portal, Cox Home Security Support helps you with troubleshooting and step-by-step solutions.
Managing Your Cox Home Security Account with the Subscriber Portal
Last Updated: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 > Related Articles
Learn how to change your username, password, and other codes through the online Cox Home Security Subscriber Portal.
Log in to the Subscriber Portal by opening https://portal.coxhomesecurity.com.
Enter your username and password.
- Click My Account from any page in the Subscriber Portal.
- Click the Username tab.
- Enter a new username in the New Username field and then enter it again in the Confirm New Username field.
- Click Change Username.
Result: Your username is now changed. Next time you log in to the Subscriber Portal, use the new username.
- Click My Account from any page in the Subscriber Portal. The My Account screen displays.
- Click the Password Manager tab.
- Change the password by entering the current password in the Old Password field.
- Enter a new password in the New Password field and enter it again in the Verify field.
- Click Change Password.
Result: Your Subscriber portal password is now changed. Next time you log into the Subscriber Portal, use your new password.
- To change the secret word, select Security > Emergency Dispatch Setup on the toolbar.
- Click Unlock to View/Edit.
Result: The Account Verification screen displays.
- Enter your Keypad Master Code.
Result: Your Secret Word displays.
- Enter a new Secret Word and click SAVE to accept the changes, or CANCEL to exit.
- From the Cox Home Security Subscriber Portal main page select Security > Key Pad Codes.
Result: The Key Pad Access Codes screen displays.
- Click the Pencil icon.
Result: The Account Verification dialog displays. Enter the Master Keypad Code.
- Click OK.
Result: The Edit Access Code screen displays.
- Enter a Name or leave it the same.
- Enter a new Access Code.
- Click SAVE.
If you need to change your primary email address, contact Home Security Customer Support.