Billing & Account Support
Make One-Time Payment Online With Credit Card
Last Updated: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 > Related Articles
In just a few clicks, make a one-time payment online using your bank card, either ATM, credit or debit.
Click Total amount due. The other two options -- pay the last statement or enter an amount -- can be chosen instead, but may incur late fees if a past due balance remains.
Note: If you have two or more separate accounts with Cox, a View My account drop-down menu displays. Select the account for which you want to make a payment.
- Click the ATM, Credit or Debit Card option.
- Enter the card number in the field labeled Card #.
- Click the Continue button.
One of the following options displays.
- If the card number can be processed only as a credit card, then enter the Name on the Card. Click the Save payment details checkbox for future payments. Schedule the payment to occur immediately, on the due date, or on a specific date.
- If the card number can be processed as either a Debit or Credit card, then select either
- Pay by ATM / Debit
- Pay by Credit Card
Then enter the Name on the Card.
Click the Preview Details button.
Result: The Review Detail and Submit Payment page displays.
Click the Submit button.
Result: The Payment Successful page displays. We email you a Payment Received message. Your "balance due" is updated on the payment date you selected. The View Bill and Recent Activity tabs are updated (you can log out and log back in to see the changes). The Pay immediately option updates the Recent Activity tab on the next day.
Note: A payment scheduled for a future date is listed in the Recent Activity tab. It can be canceled and resubmitted using a different payment method at any time except 24 hours prior to the scheduled payment date.