Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
How to Play Interactive Card Games in On-Screen Program Guide
Last Updated: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 > Related Articles
You can play interactive card games by using the Rovi program guide on your DVR receiver.
You can play these games from either a Cisco (SA) or Motorola set-top receiver.
Choose from three different games:
- Klondike Solitaire – Classic solitaire game
- Twenty-One or Bust – Blackjack style card game
- 5 Card Draw – Popular poker game
You can keep track of high scores when playing with other family members or friends. You can also play while watching a TV show in scaled video.
Note: You cannot save a game, exit, and resume playing the same game. To have a high score recorded, you need to play a game through to completion. If you have the high score when you complete a game, you have the opportunity to leave your initials on the scoreboard.
SA (Cisco) Model Receivers
The table below outlines the SA receiver models that can be used to play interactive card games.
|Standard Definition Receivers||High-Definition Receivers||Standard Definition DVRs||High Definition DVRs|
| SA 3240SD|
SD DVR 8340
Use the arrow key to select Games on the QuickMenu and press Select on the remote.
Result: The PassTime™ Games main menu displays.
- Klondike Solitaire, press A on your remote.
- Twenty One or Bust, press B on your remote.
- 5 Card Draw, press C on your remote.
Note: To exit the game menu, press the Channel + or Channel – button on your remote.
When the game is displayed on your screen, use the following buttons on your remote:
- A button to deal cards.
- B button to display helpful information about playing the game.
- C button to exit the game.
After you press B to access Help, use the Page + or Page – button on the remote to view other Help pages.
- From this screen, if you want to clear the high score for the game, press the A button on your remote.
- From this screen, to return to the game, press the C button on your remote.
To exit the game, press C.
Note: you can also exit by pressing one of the following:
- Up or down arrow buttons on the remote.
- LAST button on the remote.
Result: An Attention message appears, alerting you that you are about to leave the game in play, and the game will not be saved.
Press A to leave the game or press C to cancel and resume play.