The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Getting Started With Cox Classic WebMail
Last Updated: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 > Related Articles
Learn to open and edit email, edit email addresses, create a read receipt and attach images and documents in Cox Classic WebMail.
Whether you are using WebMail for the first time or you have been using it for a while, questions about how to do something will always arise.
For your convenience, we have documented many of your questions and answered them in the list below. If none of these answer your specific question, see Using Cox Classic WebMail, or let us know your specific needs by using the form at the bottom of this article.
Thanks for choosing Cox Classic WebMail!
Get Started Now
Once the Inbox displays, hover your mouse over the Subject of the email then click and it will open the message.
In the To: field enter the first email address then add a semi-colon at the end before adding the next email address.
- Click the Manage Folders button then click New Folder.
- Name the folder Saved Email or something similar.
- Next put a check in the box next to the email address in your Inbox.
- Go to the Move to: section just below this, put a check in that box then in the drop-down choose the new folder you created. Each time you do this the mail will go in that folder.
- Locate the checkbox in the header above the Move to: section.
- Check that box and it will put a check next to all your email in the Inbox then you can click the Delete button.
If you do not want to delete all the mail, uncheck the items you want to keep, then click Delete.
Your mail should always arrive with the newest on top, but if you still want to sort it, click the From link just about the sender's name to sort by sender. To sort by Subject or Date/Time or Size,click one of those links.
Click the Settings button then click Return Receipt. Choose the option you want from the list then click OK.
Click the Settings button then click Spamblocker Settings. Choose Tag Junk Mail w/ so that the email goes to your Inbox. It will still be tagged as spam but you can decide if you want to keep it.
The largest file you can send is 20MB, but to ensure your attachment arrives keep the file small or break it up into several files if you can.
- Click the Compose button.
- Click the HTML Editor link to the right of From:. A menu bar will display that offers options for changing the font size and color; just hover over the icons.
Most email providers do not allow forwarding of attachments for security reasons. To send an attachment you must first download it to your computer desktop, then re-attach it to a new email before sending it.
To add an email address from an open email, click the blue man with the plus (+) sign located at the end of the From: field.
To add email manually the Inbox click the Addresses button then choose New Contact and fill in the fields. Click OK to complete the process.
Click the Addresses button, then click the Name link. The contact information will display so you can edit it.
Click the Addresses button then click Group located in the menu bar on the far right. Click the group name then choose the email address you want to edit.
- Click the Settings button then click Allow and Block Messages.
- In the Block Senders field add the addresses you want to blacklist.
- To ensure email you want to received does not get blacklisted enter those addresses in the Exceptions field.
- Click OK to complete the process.
To block a sender from the Inbox, click the red stop sign at the end of the From: field.