The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Create Classic WebMail Message Filters While in Read Mail
Last Updated: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 > Related Articles
Learn how to create message filters while in an email message.
Caution is advised when creating filters while in an email message. Be careful not to include your email address in the filter, or you may lose email messages.
- At the WebMail Inbox, open the email message to which you would like to add a filter.
- Click the New Filter button.
Result: The New Filter window displays.
In the above example, the New Filter window contains the addresses and subject of the email you were previously viewing. This includes YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. In order to avoid filtering your own address, click the Remove link.
- At Filter Name - Enter what you want to name the filter.
- At Filter, choose the desired email addresses or subjects you would like to filter.
If you want to create multiple filters, you can add additional lines by clicking Add Operation.
- At Action - Select the checkbox to specify what you want to do with messages the filter finds. Either discard the message, place the message in a folder, or forward the message to other email addresses.
You can list up to five addresses.
Result: The Message Filters window reappears with the new filter.
Enable or disable filters by marking or unmarking the checkbox in the Enabled column.
Filters can take up to 30 minutes to take effect.
All steps complete.