The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
How to Change or Update Primary Account Holder
Last Updated: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 > Related Articles
Eligibility and steps for changing primary account holder responsibility.
When can I change my name on my account?
If the change pertains to one of the following:
- Marriage - You may change your last name or middle initial, if applicable. (Marriage license required)
- Divorce - You may change your last name or middle initial, if applicable. (Divorce decree required)
- Legal name change (Court order required)
- Misspelling (Government-issued photo ID required)
When can I give someone else account responsibility?
The following scenarios qualify customers to change account responsibility:
- Death of account holder when the account is going to be assumed by the spouse/domestic partner or immediate family member.
- Disability of the account holder, which requires the account to be assumed by the spouse/domestic partner or immediate family member.
- Account holder is moving and the account is going to be assumed by an ex-spouse/domestic partner, immediate family member, or roommate currently listed as an authorized user on the account.
Accounts are only eligible for a responsibility change if there are telephone number(s) and/or video equipment that will be assumed by the new account holder. If a Change of Responsibility or Name Change is not applicable and you need further assistance with the change to your account, please contact Customer Service.