Billing & Account Support
What's New on View /Pay Bill
Last Updated: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 > Related Articles
We've streamlined and simplified the View Bill page. And added a few other enhancements we think you'll like. Take a look.
What's New on View Bill
Check out the 6 new features below.
We've made it easy to find the Total Due and the date it's due.
If there is a Past Due Balance, you'll see two figures: Total Due and the amount of the total that's Past Due. In this example, you're asked to pay at least $90.15 of the $183.43 to stay current.
Also, you can click the Pay Now button to select a payment method and payment date in fewer steps. Or you can click the Pay Another Amount link and enter a different amount before selecting payment method and date. If you have separate statements for each service, you can split the amount across the services, like this:
Here you get quick access to the status and settings of your EasyPay, Paperless Billing, and Email Bill Reminder options. Now you can click to enroll. If you're already enrolled you can click to update.
In the Alerts & Notifications box, we've cut through the clutter to provide brief information or actions you can take to keep your account current.
Here you can quickly update your service address, which is where your TV, Internet, and Phone service is installed. You can also change your billing address, which is where you want the bill mailed. By default, we mail the bill to the service address.
Plus, we've updated these tabs as well:
- Pay Bill now lets you edit any saved method of payment. You can edit the name on a card and its expiration date. Also, you can now sign up for EasyPay using a saved method of payment. And you can delete a saved payment method and add others.
- Recent Activity now has a separate section for Payments and one for Charges (Unbilled). These unbilled charges are added to the next bill.
- Bill Delivery now displays the "preferred email address" for the account and provides a link for updating the address.
Reminder: Website Viewing Restrictions
- Only the Account Holder can view billing details, statements, and account history for security purposes.
- If the Account Holder has listed you on the account as an authorized second user, then you can make a payment but cannot view billing details, statements, or account history. The following tabs will not display: Recent Activity, View Statements, Bill Delivery Options, or View Bill Details. Also, the options for EasyPay, bill delivery, and billing addresses will not be selectable.