The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Edit External Mail Server Options in Classic WebMail
Last Updated: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 > Related Articles
Learn how to edit external mail server options in WebMail.
- Go to the WebMail Inbox and click Settings.
At the Message Settings window, click External Email.
Result: The External Email window displays.
Click New Email Source.
Result: The New Email Source window displays.
- Click Show Server Options.
- Under Show Server Options, enter information about the account as follows:
- Server Port Number - Enter the number of the port to which you want to connect. The default is 110.
- Server Timeout - Enter the maximum number of seconds you want to wait for a response from the server. The default is 60.
- When downloading - Click this checkbox if you want to automatically download email from this account everytime you log in to WebMail.
- Download messages to: - Choose an existing folder where you want new messages from this account to go, or create a new one.
- When retrieving mail... - Choose whether you want to leave messages on the account POP server after you read them (so you can read them later from a different computer), or delete them after you download them.
- Icon - Choose a color for incoming messages from this account.
- Testing - Click the checkbox to test this external account. WebMail attempts to connect to the account and perform the operations you specified. (This may take some time).
All steps complete.