The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Create Classic WebMail Message Filters
Last Updated: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 > Related Articles
Learn how to create a message filter in Classic WebMail, either through the Settings feature or while in an email message.
Message filters are useful to automatically sort and organize incoming mail into folders. Filters can even be set to forward specific messages to other email accounts.
From the WebMail Inbox window, click Settings.
Result: The Message Settings window displays.
Under Mail Management, click Message Filters.
Under Message Filters, click New Filter.
Result: The New Filter window displays.
Enter the following information about the new filter:
- Filter Name - Enter what you want to name the filter.
- Filter - Enter what you want the filter to search, and how to search it.
- Use the drop-down menu to determine which fields to search. Check the box next to priority, if desired.
- If you want to create multiple filters, do the following:
- To add a line, click Add Operation.
- To remove a line, click Remove next to the line you want to remove.
- Action - Select the checkbox to specify what you want to do with messages the filter finds. Either discard the message, place the message in a folder, or forward the message to other email addresses.
Note: You can list up to five addresses.
- Click OK.
Result: The Message Filters window displays with the new filter.
- Enable or disable filters by clicking the checkbox in the Enabled column.
Note: Filters can take up to 30 minutes to take effect.