The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
About Cox WiFi
Last Updated: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 > Related Articles
Learn more about the Cox WiFi service.
Cox WiFi provides access to Wi-Fi hotspots for Cox High Speed Internet customers, who subscribe to the Preferred tier or higher, at no additional charge. It is currently available only in the Northern Virginia and Connecticut markets.
- Cox customers can now take their Cox High Speed Internet with them when they leave home.
- Cox WiFi provides fast, wireless, on-the-go Internet connectivity for a customer’s tablet, smartphone or other Wi-Fi® enabled devices.
- Customers will have access to more than 700 outdoor hotspots which allow them to save on their wireless data plan usage.
Customers must subscribe to one of the following Cox High Speed Internet packages to use the Cox WiFi network.
- Internet Preferred
- Internet Preferred Plus (Available in Northern Virginia only)
- Internet Premier
- Internet Ultimate
Customers who subscribe to the Internet Essentials and Internet Starter packages can upgrade to one of the qualifying tiers to take advantage of the Cox WiFi service.
To use the Cox WiFi network:
- Select CoxWiFi (SSID) from the list of available wireless networks of your device.
- Sign in using your Cox login (user ID and password).
You can connect to our hotspots using the following types of Wi-Fi® enabled devices:
- Laptops (Windows and Mac)
- Tablets (iOS, Android, Windows 8)
- Smartphones (iOS, Android, Windows 8, Blackberry)
See www.cox.com/wifi for more information and to view the coverage map.
To view the coverage map, your location on Cox.com must be set to Connecticut or Northern Virginia.