Learn how to protect, connect, and relax with support for your Home Security service. From arming and disarming your alarm, to managing your portal, Cox Home Security Support helps you with troubleshooting and step-by-step solutions.
Viewing and Capturing Live Video and Snapshots Using the Cox Home Security Subscriber Portal
Last Updated: Tue, 21 May 2013
> Related Articles
Learn how to capture and view video and snapshots with the Cox Home Security Subscriber Portal.
You can add up to six cameras to your Cox Home Security System. When an alarm is tripped, even if the monitoring station is not notified, the cameras will take five pictures in quick succession. From the main page of the Subscriber Portal, you can:
| View live video|
From the Subscriber Portal main page in the Cameras portlet, click View Live Video or click Cameras > Live Video on the toolbar.
Result: One of the cameras displays as live video. The other camera views (not live video) appear above the live video. You can view live video from the other cameras above by clicking on the image.
Note: If you are unable to view video feed take the following actions:
- Check camera power. If it has power, reboot.
- Verify local firewall and other virus protection is not blocking camera feed.
| View captured images|
From the Subscriber Portal main page, select Cameras > Saved Pictures on the toolbar to see a listing of the images captured manually and automatically (during alarm events).
- If an image or video was taken as a result of a rule, a purple triangle displays. By clicking the Rule link, you can review the rule.
- Images that were captured automatically during an alarm have an ALARM button in the right hand corner and display the security zone that caused the images to be taken.
- Images that were captured manually have a camera icon in the right hand corner.
| Capture Live Video / Snapshot||From the Subscriber Portal main page in the Cameras portlet, click View Live Video or click Cameras > Live Video on the toolbar. Select a camera, click Take Picture or click Take Video Clip.|
Result: An image is taken or a video clip is recorded (about 15 seconds) with the selected camera.
When the Take Picture or Take Video Clip function is performed, a thumbnail of the picture / clip is added to the array of thumbnails at the bottom of the page.
| Delete snapshot or video|
To delete snapshots or video clips, select one or more check boxes, and click the trashcan icon.
Result: A confirmation window displays. Click Yes to confirm deletion.