The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Account Holder Name Change
Last Updated: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 > Related Articles
Information about customer eligibility for a name change and associated forms.
Eligibility for a Name Change
The following scenarios qualify customers as eligible for an account holder name change:
- Marriage - You may change your last name or middle initial, if applicable. (Marriage license required)
- Divorce - You may change your last name or middle initial, if applicable. (Divorce decree required)
- Legal name change (Court order required)
- Misspelling (Government-issued photo ID required)
If the change pertains to one of the following, please see Change or Update Primary Account Holder.
- Death of account holder when the account is going to be assumed by the spouse/domestic partner or immediate family member.
- Disability of the account holder, which requires the account to be assumed by the spouse/domestic partner or immediate family member.
- Account holder is moving and the account is going to be assumed by an ex-spouse/domestic partner, immediate family member, or roommate currently listed as an authorized user on the account.
Accounts are only eligible for Change of Account Responsibility if there are telephone number(s) and/or video equipment that will be assumed by the new account holder.
If a Change of Responsibility or Name change is not applicable and you need further assistance with the change to your account, please contact Customer Service for assistance.
How to Apply for a Name Change
To initiate a name change for your account, sign and complete the Name Change Agreement form by clicking the button below:
The Name change form must be notarized when submitting by mail in order to be processed.
- In addition to the signed form, the account holder must provide:
- Associated documentation to be attached with the Name Change Agreement (such as marriage license, divorce decree or court order / approved name change).
- A copy of Government-issued photo ID.
- Mail or fax the Name Change Agreement and associated documentation to the address listed below:
Please choose one of the following methods.
Mail or Fax to:
|Mail Address||Fax Number|
|6601 Hawkinsville Rd|
Macon, GA 31216