The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Reset an Account Holder Password Using Internet Tools
Last Updated: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 > Related Articles
This article provides steps to reset an account holder password online through Internet Tools.
To reset the password for an authorized user, log in to Internet Tools with the primary email address. Refer to Change an Authorized User Password Using Internet Tools for additional information.
Complete the following steps to reset an account holder password online.
Before beginning: Have the account holder username and Answer to the Secret Question available; otherwise, contact Cox Customer Service to reset the password.
Important: Changing or resetting a Cox.net password may affect the ability to login to a number of other applications. Before proceeding, refer to Applications Affected by Changing Cox.net Login Username / Password to review a list of applications that may be affected by changing a Cox.net password.
Access Reset Password page from www.cox.com/password.
Result: The Reset Password page displays.
- In the User ID field, enter the primary user ID.
- In the Code field, enter the text as it displays in the security code graphic, then click Continue.
Result: The Answer Secret Question window displays.
- In the Secret Answer field, enter the answer to the displayed question.
Note: If the answer to the secret question is forgotten, contact Cox Customer Service. To retrieve lost or forgotten Secret Question and Answer information, the password on the account must be changed and the Secret Question and Answer must be reset. Refer to Forgotten Secret Question Answer for more information.
- Complete the following steps:
Enter a new password in the New Password field. The password:
- Must be between 8 and 24 characters long
- Must include at least one letter and one number
- May include special characters: !@#$%^*()
- Is case sensitive, so SaMpLe4 is different than sample4
- Must not include any form of the word password
- Must not be the same as the username
- Re-enter the password in the Re-enter New Password field for confirmation.
- Click Submit.
Result: The Reset Password Confirmation window displays.