Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
Search for a Code to Program the Cox Universal M7810 Remote Control for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver
Last Updated: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 > Related Articles
Follow these steps to search for an alternate code if a home entertainment device does not respond to the remote control after trying all of the codes listed in the list of manufacturer's codes for your brand.
If a home entertainment device does not respond to the Cox Universal M7810 Remote Control after trying all of the codes listed in the list of manufacturer's codes for your brand, or if your brand is not listed at all, try searching for an alternate code.
For additional information on programming the Cox Universal M7810 Remote Control for a home entertainment device, refer to Program the Cox Universal M7810 Remote Control for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver.
Cox Universal M7810 Remote Control
To control devices other than the default brands, perform the following steps:
- Turn on the device that you want the remote control to control.
- On the remote control, press the appropriate mode button for the device once.
Type of Device Mode Button Television TV Stereo amplifier, receiver, or DVD AUX DVD, PVR, VCR VCR
- Press and hold the SETUP button until the selected mode button blinks twice, then release the SETUP button.
Using the number keys, enter 9 - 9 - 1.
Result: The selected mode button blinks twice.
- Aim the remote control at the device, and then alternate between pressing the POWER button and the selected mode button until the device turns off.
Note: In search mode, the remote control sends IR codes from its library to the selected device, starting with the most popular code first.
- Press the SETUP button once to lock in the code.
To search for codes for other devices, repeat steps 1 - 6.
All steps complete.