Cox Kansas Lifeline Telephone Service
Cox Kansas Lifeline Telephone Service is available to low-income consumers who qualify.
Steps to Enroll
To begin receiving Cox Kansas Lifeline Telephone Service discounts, you will need to submit a Lifeline Self-Certification Form, which you can pick up at your local Cox Digital Store.
NOTE: Your Lifeline Telephone Application cannot be completed until:
• All questions / sections have been filled out on both sides of the form
• You signed the application
• Read, sign and date National Lifeline Accountability Database Disclosure and Consent form
• Provided your date of birth
• Provided Social Security Number (Tribal ID if no Social Security Number)
• A copy showing proof of participation / eligibility is included with the application (see section 6 of the application)
Once Cox has received your completed form, one of the following will be done depending on your account status:
- Active phone customer – If you are a current phone customer then the phone rate for primary line will be discounted.
- Non-active phone customer – If you do not currently have active phone service with Cox, please order via one of the following methods:
* Visit your closest Cox Digital Store
* Call us at (877) 344-4222
We will need a signed self-certification form to enroll you in Cox Kansas Lifeline Telephone Service. Please pick up a form from your local Cox Digital Store, complete it and return the form to Cox. You may drop off the form at a Cox Digital Store location near you, fax it to (316) 260-6051 or mail it to the address below:
Attention: Lifeline Department
901 S George Washington Blvd
Wichita, KS 67211
Cox Kansas Lifeline Telephone Service customers will be contacted to re-certify their participation in a qualifying program on an annual basis.
Eligible consumers receive monthly discounts on primary telephone service.
You are eligible for the Cox Kansas Lifeline Telephone Service program if you participate in any of the qualifying government programs OR qualify within the federally established annual income-based guidelines.
Qualifying Government Programs:
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Food Stamps
- General Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- United Tribes Food Distribution Center
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Head Start (income qualified customers only)
- National School Lunch Plan (free lunch program only)
Federally Established Annual Income-based Guidelines:
Number in Family Maximum Annual Income (150%)
For each additional person $5,940
For qualified low income customers. Taxes, surcharges and other fees may apply. Telephone modem required and will be provided for duration of phone service subscription. Upon disconnection of phone service, modem must be returned within 30 days or a monthly rental fee or lost equipment charge will apply. Modem uses household electrical power to operate and has backup battery power provided by Cox if electricity is interrupted. Telephone service, including access to e911 service, will not be available during an extended power outage or if the modem is moved or inoperable. As a designated telecommunications carrier eligible to receive universal service support, Cox Kansas Telcom, L.L.C. is proud to offer the Lifeline and Link-Up programs in the state of Kansas. We will provide discounts on service activation and on basic monthly service for all residential customers who make a reasonable request and qualify for certain medical, energy, or income-assisted programs. To determine if you qualify for Kansas Lifeline service, customers may call 866-684-1029. For unresolved questions or complaints, you may contact the Kansas Corporation Commission, Office of Public Affairs and Consumer Protection, at KCC – Consumer Protection, 1500 SW Arrowhead Road, Topeka, KS 66604 or toll-free 1.800.662.0027 or in Topeka 785.271.3140. Hearing or speech impaired TDD Kansas Relay Center 1.800.766.3777. Installation charges and other restrictions may apply. Telephone service is provided by Cox Kansas Telcom L.L.C. an affiliate of Cox Communications, Inc. © 2012 Cox Kansas, L.L.C. All rights reserved.