Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
PowerBoost for Cox High Speed Internet
Last Updated: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 > Related Articles
Learn about the PowerBoost speed enhancement technology.
Cox offers PowerBoost™ to all Preferred and Premier high-speed Internet customers. PowerBoost “makes fast even faster” by giving customers an extra “shot” of speed when downloading and uploading large files.
How PowerBoost Works
- The PowerBoost speed enhancement technology gives Cox High Speed Internet customers a speed burst when they need it most – when downloading and uploading large files.
- PowerBoost works by utilizing additional capacity on Cox’s fiber-hybrid network to give customers a short “boost” above and beyond their normal speeds (“fiber-hybrid” systems are those with both fiber and coaxial cable).
- The availability of PowerBoost depends on the availability of extra bandwidth on the network at the moment the customer starts a large download or upload.
- PowerBoost is exclusive to the cable industry. DSL does not offer this feature.
- When PowerBoost is available locally, Cox customers do not need to sign up or activate the boosts manually. The network will automatically detect when a user begins to download or upload a large file (such as a picture, music, movie or multi-media file), and look for extra bandwidth it can utilize.
- Each PowerBoost lasts a few seconds and is estimated to increase download speeds up to 29% for Preferred customers and up to 25% for Premier customers, and increase upload speeds up to 33% for Preferred and Premier customers.