The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Installing and Activating Cox Secure Browsing
Last Updated: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 > Related Articles
Follow these steps to install the Cox Secure Browsing application. You will also find minimum requirements to use the software.
Before downloading the Cox Secure Browsing software, make sure your computer is compatible. See the minimum requirements below.
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Firefox 11 or later
- 600 MHz or faster processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 40 MB storage memory
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista (32 or 64-bit version)
- Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (32-bit only) or higher.
Note: If you have not upgraded to Microsoft .NET 4.0, it will be installed automatically during the installation process. This may take a few extra minutes depending on your Internet connection.
Visit Internet Tools at myaccount.cox.net or from the My Connection page, next to My Services, click the Internet link.
Enter User ID and Password, and then click Sign In.
Note: If you do not remember your password, click the Forgot your Password? link.
Under My Account located on the left navigation bar, click the Cox Secure Browsing link.
Result: The Cox Secure Browsing Activation page displays.
Download and install the Cox Secure Browse software.
Note: Be sure to accept the User License Agreement.
Create and enter a four to eight digit Master PIN (Personal Identification Number) into the Master PIN field. You will be asked to reenter the PIN to confirm.
Note: This PIN will be used to access your added accounts and only you will have access to it. If you forget your PIN, you will have to uninstall and reinstall the software.
- Import your online accounts from your browser into your Cox Secure Browsing. Cox Secure Browsing suggests accounts to add.
- All of your account information is securely stored locally on your computer and only you have access to it.
- Any accounts found in your browser will display in a list for your review.
- Un-check any accounts you do not wish to add and click Add selected accounts to Cox Secure Browsing to continue.
- Click Continue.
Note: You can skip this step and add them later.
- Click on an imported account and log in to their website.
- Once you log in successfully to each account in Cox Secure Browser, you will be logged in automatically from then on.
- Accounts that are fully set up with automatic log in will display in black and accounts that you need to complete set up for display in blue.
- Click Done.