The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Set Up Cox.net Email in Windows 8 Using Thunderbird
Last Updated: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 > Related Articles
One way to get your Cox.net email in Windows 8.
Windows 8 Mail does not support POP accounts but you can download another email client to access your Cox.net email. This article will walk you through the steps to use Mozilla Thunderbird, but you can always go directly to Cox.net and use WebMail.
- In Windows 8 access the Start charm, then click the Desktop icon.
- Using a browser, go to http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird. You can access a browser from the Settings charm.
- Click the download icon.
- In the pop-up box click Run.
Note: There will be a delay while the application downloads and is scanned. You may be prompted to enter an Administrator password when the download and scan complete.
- Click Next in the installer window.
- Check Standard Setup then click Install.
- Click Finish to launch Thunderbird.
- Click OK to start the setup process.
- Click Skip this and use my existing email.
- Enter your name, email address, such as email@example.com, and password.
- Click Continue.
- When the configuration completes click the Manual Configuration button at the bottom.
Note: See the table below for the correct settings.
- Click Retest.
- Click Done. Your email should now be set up.
- Under Email click Read Messages to access your Inbox.
To access your email account the next time, go to the Start charm, click the Desktop icon then click the Thunderbird icon.