The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Import Addresses into Classic WebMail
Last Updated: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 > Related Articles
Learn to import email addresses from other email programs, into WebMail.
The import functionality allows users to copy contact information from another email program into WebMail.
You will need to know how to save your email file before beginning this process. Contact your email provider for instructions. In our example, Microsoft Outlook 2010 is used.
Save an email file to your desktop
- Open Outlook 2010.
- Click File, then Options.
- Click Advanced.
- Under Export, click Export.
Result: The import and export wizard displays.
- In the list, choose Export to a file.
- Under create a file type, choose comma separated values (Windows).
Note: If you are asked to download the translator do so, then let it configure.
- Under select folder to export from, choose Contacts.
- Under save exported file as, click the Browse button.
- Name your file, then save it on the desktop.
- When the file displays in the browse field click OK. It will have the extension .csv.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Go to the WebMail Inbox window. Click Addresses.
Result: The Addresses: All window displays.
Under Addresses: All, click Import.
Result: The Import window displays.
From the File Format drop-down menu, choose the application from which you will import.
The import option provides multiple formats for the import file, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Palm Desktop, Netscape 7, and WebEdge 3.
- Under Duplicate Entries choose whether to keep the current email addresses or overwrite them with the new addresses.
- Click once in the File to Import field, then click Browse to find your file.
The location of the file will depend on your email client. Consult the Help file of your client for more information. The file should end in .csv.
Choose the language preference in the Locale drop-down menu.
The two locale options are English and Japanese.
Result: After clicking the OK button, the Addresses window displays, along with a message that states the number of successfully added and replaced contact entries.
All steps complete