The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Cox.com Account Registration and Preferences
Last Updated: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 > Related Articles
Complete the online registration process to create or update your User ID, password, and preferred email address.
Not all User IDs created for an account can perform the same functions. Refer to Understanding Digital Identities and Account Types for more information.
You will need a User ID, Password, and Contact Email Address to gain access the following secure areas of Cox.com:
- View/Pay Bill: Provides secure access to your Cox statements, bill payment page, and services such as EasyPay, Stop Paper Bill, and Email Reminders
- My Account: Permits you to set up or change your personal account settings, such as the account name, address, authorized users, Password, User ID, Cox PIN, and the Secret Question & Answer
- My Services: Provides quick access to all of your Cox online services.
- WebMail – Provides secure access to your personal Cox WebMail services.
- Internet Tools - Provides secure access to your personal Cox Internet services.
- Phone Tools - Provides secure access to your personal Cox Phone webpages.
- Go to www.cox.com.
- If prompted, choose your city and state.
Click the Register tab at the very top of the homepage to create a User ID and Password for the first time.
If you already have a current User ID that you have forgotten or need to reset a current Password, click the Sign In link. Then click Forgot User ID / Password? and follow the prompts to reset your User ID or Password.
In the Confirm your Cox Services section, enter the required information as shown on your Cox bill.
- Fill in the following fields.
- 16-digit Account Number
- 4-digit Cox Pin (or last 4-digits of the SSN)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Code letters in the box under Last Name
- Click Continue.
Enter the required information to create your Cox User ID and Password.
- In the Create your Cox User ID section, fill in the following fields.
- User ID
- New Password / Re-enter New Password
- Secret Answer to your selected Secret Question / Re-enter Secret Answer
- Preferred Email / Re-enter Preferred Email
An incorrect or invalid email address may prevent you from being able to receive important notices, or complete the Bill Payment process online.
Result: You have completed creating an Identity with Cox.
Now that you have created an Identity with Cox, you can review and modify your account preferences or continue to the MyConnection page.
- If you choose to continue to the MyConnection page, you will be asked to log in with the identity that you just created.
- If you would like to update your account preferences which include having your PIN printed on your bill, your preferred contact method, your preferred email address, and setting up authorized users, continue to the next step.
Select your desired settings for customizing your PIN and bill delivery options, then click Save Billing Preferences.
Add Contact Information
Enter your Preferred Email and select your desired settings for how you want to be contacted then click Save Contact Preferences.
Add Authorized Users
- Click Add User.
Result: The Add Authorized User window displays.
- Fill in the required fields for the Authorized User, then click Submit.