Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
Program the Cox Digital Interactive ER1 Remote Control for a VCR
Last Updated: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 > Related Articles
If the Cox Digital Interactive ER1 Remote Control does not work with your VCR, program the remote using the steps below.
Cox Digital Interactive ER1 Remote Control
- Turn on the VCR that you want the remote control to control.
- Move the VCR / VOD slide switch on the remote control to the VCR position.
- Before moving to step 2, read steps 2 – 4 completely. Highlight or write down the code(s) you want to program.
- Point the remote control away from all devices.
- Press and hold the SELECT button and the VCR button until the LED on the remote control blinks twice.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s codes to locate the code for the type and brand name of the VCR that you want the remote control to control.
- Using the number buttons on the remote, enter the first three-digit code listed in the manufacturer's codes for your VCR.
Result: The LED on the remote control blinks twice.
Aim the remote at the TV, and then press the POWER button, PLAY button, or the STOP button.
- The VCR performs the operation associated with the selected button.
For example, if the POWER button is pressed, the VCR turns off.
- If the VCR does not operate properly, repeat steps 2 – 4, trying each code listed in the manufacturer's codes for the VCR brand until you find one that works.
All steps complete.