Managing Rules Contacts in the Cox Home Security Subscriber Portal
Last Updated: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 > Related Articles
Learn how to create and change designated contacts for Emergency Dispatch.
Rules contacts must be setup for rule notifications. Those are different from your emergency dispatch contacts which are notified in the event of an alarm. You can manage rules contacts in the Cox Home Security Subscriber Portal using the steps below.
Log into the Cox Home Security Subscriber Portal.
Select Rules from the toolbar.
Click Contacts for Rules.
On the Contacts page, you can:
- Click Add Contact to add a new contact.
- Click the Pencil icon to modify a contact.
- Click the Trashcan icon to delete a contact.
- Contacts for Rules are alerted when they are associated with a specific rule. For example, the contacts may receive an email alert whenever something happens under specific circumstances.
- Contacts cannot be deleted if they are defined in a rule.
- The person associated with the account is automatically added as a contact. This contact cannot be deleted from the list of contacts.