Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
Connect a Cox High Definition Receiver Using an HDMI Cable
Last Updated: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 > Related Articles
Learn how to connect an HD Receiver using an HDMI cable.
Start enjoying your Cox Advanced TV HD service with crystal clear picture and sound provided by an HDMI cable! The instructions below will help you connect your HDMI enabled Cox High Definition receiver to your High Definition television using an HDMI cable.
Before you purchase an HDMI cable, please be sure that your Cox High Definition receiver is HDMI enabled. Currently, the following models will come equipped with a HDMI port on the back end of the receiver:
- Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HD-DVR
- Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8240 HD-DVR
- Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3240 HD*
- Once you have obtained an HDMI enabled Cox High Definition receiver, you will need to purchase an HDMI cable. For your convenience, you can purchase an HDMI cable from any Cox Retail Store location. You may also purchase an HDMI cable from any Cox Technician or phone representative.
- After obtaining your HDMI cable, you will need to connect one end of the HDMI cable to the back of your Cox High Definition receiver in the slot marked “HDMI.”
- Once you have connected one end of the HDMI cable to the back of your Cox High Definition receiver, you will need to connect the other end of the cable to the port labeled “HDMI” on the back of your High Definition television.
- Now that your HDMI cable is connected to your Cox High Definition receiver and your television, plug the power cable into the back of your Cox receiver. Please allow three to five minutes for the time to appear on the front of the equipment. This will let you know your receiver is ready to be powered on.
- Finally, change your television’s video input to HDMI. Please consult your television’s owner manual for additional assistance.
Congratulations, you have now successfully connected your Cox High Definition Cable receiver to your television using a HDMI cable.