The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
About Cox Secure Browsing
Last Updated: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 > Related Articles
Cox Secure Browsing offers safe and secure access to your online accounts. Learn more about it.
Cox Secure Browsing is an application that is specifically designed to secure your online accounts and provide safe, convenient, and fast access when you bank, shop, and invest online. Cox Secure Browsing provides one-click, automatic log-in for all your online accounts while protecting you from identity theft and online fraud. Here are some of the benefits of using Cox Secure Browsing.
- Fast - Click once, enter your Master PIN once and Cox Secure Browsing does the rest automatically.
- Convenient - You no longer have to remember all of your online account user names and passwords.
- Secure - Cox Secure Browsing protects you from identity theft and is the only product specifically engineered to create a direct - and fully secure - connections to your online accounts.
- Easy - It's easy to set up and use. Once you install the software and create your Master PIN, add your online accounts as you browse.
- Seamless - Cox Secure Browsing is the perfect addition to your PC's security software and is compatible with every major brand.
Using the Secure View Browser
Cox Secure Browsing logs in to your Financial and Shopping Accounts using the Cox Secure View browser. Secure View protects you against spyware and other Web-based threats. Standard Web browsers permit toolbars and plug-ins that can eavesdrop on communications between your Web browser and your financial institution's website.
- When you log in to your Financial Accounts with Cox Secure Browsing, they will always be opened in Cox Secure Browsing Secure View, even if you browse to them using your regular Web browser.
- The Cox Secure Browsing Secure View provides four standard Web navigation controls: Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop. There is one unique control to Cox Secure Browsing, the magnifying glass. When you click on the magnifying glass, or search icon, it opens the Cox Secure Browsing search page where you can search the list of monitored websites where you have accounts.
- In the upper right hand corner of the Cox Secure Browsing Secure View browser toolbar is a padlock icon, which indicates an SSL encrypted secure session. This means that all of your information is transmitted securely to the website.
Cox Secure Browsing Secure View is not designed to serve as a general Web browser. It is only used when you log in to your Financial and Shopping Accounts using Cox Secure Browsing.