Cox Conserves Heroes
Cox honors local conservation heroes!
Do you know someone in our San Diego community who is personally dedicated to improving the environment - such as picking up litter, planting a community garden, preserving natural spaces, helping to restore a shoreline, or conserving resources such as water or energy? Nominate and vote for him or her to become the 2012 Cox Conserves Hero!
Sponsored locally by Think Blue San Diego and media partners, KYXY 96.5 and ENERGY 103.7. , Cox Communications is proud to bring you San Diego's 4th Annual Cox Conserves Heroes program. The community is invited to nominate and vote for volunteers who create, preserve or enhance outdoor spaces. Nominee activities must be performed on a volunteer basis and may not be a part of one's employment.
- Nominations: July 11 – July 27
- Voting: August 28 – September 8
- Winner Announcement: Mid-September
- San Diego's Cox Conserves Hero: The winner’s nonprofit of choice will receive $5,000, promotions through on-air Public Service Announcements and 20 volunteer hours donated by Cox employees.
- Second Place: The finalist’s nonprofit of choice will receive $2,500 and promotions through on-air Public Service Announcements.
- Third Place: The finalist’s nonprofit of choice will receive $1,000 and promotions through on-air Public Service Announcements.
Submit your nomination and learn more about San Diego's previous winners at coxconservesheroes.com
The Cox Conserves Heroes program was created in 2007 in partnership with The Trust for Public Land and Cox Enterprises, the parent company of Cox Communications. The partnership stems from Cox Enterprises’ national Cox Conserves program designed to reduce the company’s carbon footprint by 20 percent by 2017 and promote eco-friendly behavior among its employees, communities and other corporations. For more information, visit coxconservesheroes.com.