Distinctive / Priority Ringing
Last Updated: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 > Related Articles
Identify key business calls by the tone of the ring.
How it works: When you create a list of special callers, your phone uses a special ring to announce calls from any of those numbers. If you also have Call Waiting, you'll hear a special Call Waiting tone.
How to use this service:
- Lift the handset and listen for the dial tone.
- Press *61.
- Listen for an announcement telling you whether the feature is currently on or off. The recorded voice will then tell you how many (if any) numbers are currently stored in your list.
- Follow the voice instructions and Press 3 to turn the feature ON (if it is currently OFF), or turn the feature OFF (if it is currently ON).
To add the last caller to your list, press #01#.
To hear the phone numbers on your list, press 1.
After the list is read, voice instructions will follow.
To add a number to your list:
- Press #.
- Follow the voice instructions you'll hear. You can store up to 31 phone numbers on your priority list.
To remove a number from your list:
- Press *.
- Follow the voice instructions to remove any or all of those numbers.
- To hear instructions again: Press 0.
Note: You may press 1, 0, #, or * at any time rather than waiting for the voice instructions. The list you create here is separate from any other lists you may be using for Selective Call Acceptance, Selective Call Forwarding, and similar services.