Checking NIC Drivers in Windows XP
Last Updated: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 > Related Articles
Follow these steps to open the device manager and check NIC drivers in Windows XP.
To verify that the drivers for a Network Interface Card (NIC) are installed properly, check the device properties in the Device Manager.
- Click Start, right-click My Computer and select Properties.
- Click the Hardware Tab and click the Device Manager button.
- Click the plus sign next to Network Adapters.
- Double-click the network adapter to check the drivers.
- On the general tab, if the drivers are installed properly, it will say "This device is working properly."
- By clicking on the Driver tab there are several actions you can take, including:
- Updating the driver
- Reverting to an earlier driver.
- Uninstalling the drivers.
All steps complete.