Tips on creating a Cox Voice Mail password
Last Updated: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 > Related Articles
Learn how to create strong passwords to keep your voice mail secure.
As long as you set up your mailbox from the number that it is assigned to, you will not need a temporary password. If you have Caller ID block on your line, you will need to press *82 prior to dialing the number to disable this feature for the initial setup call.
Once you begin the tutorial, you will be prompted to create your own password. Your password can be between 4 and 7 digits in length. Try to create a new password that is easy to remember, but not easily guessed by others.
Take these steps to avoid unauthorized users from entering your mailbox:
- Avoid using repetitive numbers (e.g. 9,9,9,9 or 0,0,0,0).
- Avoid using sequential numbers (e.g. 1,2,3,4, or 3,4,5,6).
- Avoid using the last four digits of your telephone number.
- Increase the number of digits in your password. The longer it is the more difficult it is to break.
- Change your password regularly.
Note: If you are setting up your mailbox from another number, you will need the temporary password. Please call your local Cox Customer Care representative to obtain it.