Call Forwarding Remote Access
Last Updated: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 > Related Articles
Use a touch-tone telephone at another location to change your Call Forwarding on your telephone.
For security reasons, Call Forwarding Remote Access does not work with IP Centrex and VoiceManager phone systems.
See Using Call Forwarding to designate where you would like your calls to forward.
How it works: When you subscribe to Call Forwarding on your business phone, you can use a touch-tone telephone at another location to change your Call Forwarding on your telephone.
- Dial your Access Number. See Call Forwarding Remote Access Phone Numbers.
- Listen for instructions.
- Dial your 7-digit business telephone number that has Call Forwarding services.
- Input your PIN; initially 1234, 9999 or the last four digits of your telephone number.
Note: You may change this PIN the first time you use this feature.
- Press *72.
- Dial the seven or ten-digit telephone number you are forwarding to.
- Listen to instructions to confirm or change your forwarding.
- Once you hear the confirmation (stutter dial tone), your Call Forwarding is activated.
- After each input, you can press # to speed up the process.
To turn off the service, complete the following steps:
- Repeat steps 1-4,
- Enter *73, listen for the confirmation tone, and then hang up.
Note: Call Forwarding (* 72) is the only service available through Call Forwarding Remote Access. You cannot access Call Forward Busy (* 90) and Call Forward No Answer (* 92) via Call Forwarding Remote Access. Lastly this feature should not be confused with Remote Call Forward, a business telephone feature that allows a customer who does not have a physical location/phone to have a phone number and have incoming calls to that number automatically forwarded to another number.
Use the appropriate access number see Call Forwarding Remote Access Phone Numbers.