Using Selective Call Forwarding
Last Updated: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 > Related Articles
Program your phone to forward certain calls to another number.
How it works: You can program your phone to forward only those calls from a special list of numbers to another number -- such as your wireless phone. When your service is turned "on," calls from numbers in your forward list will be re-routed to your "forward-to" number. All others will ring at your phone as usual.
How to use this service:
- Lift the handset and listen for the dial tone.
- Press *63.
- Listen for an announcement telling you whether the feature is currently stored in your forward list.
- Follow the voice instructions and dial 3 to turn the feature ON (if it is currently OFF), or turn the feature OFF (if it is currently ON).
To add the last caller to your forward list:
- Press #01#.
To enter your "forward-to" number:
- The first time you turn on the service, you'll be asked to enter the number you'd like your special calls forwarded to. From then on, the system will simply remind you of the current "forward-to" number.
- If the current number is correct, dial 1.
- If you wish to change the current "forward-to" number, dial 0 and then follow the voice instructions.
To hear the phone numbers on your list:
- Press 1.
- After the list is read, voice instructions will follow.
To add a number to your list:
- Press #.
- Follow the voice instructions. You can store up to 31 phone numbers on your forward list.
To remove a number from your list:
- Press *.
Follow the voice instructions to remove any or all of those numbers from your forward list.
To hear instructions again, press 0.
Notes: You may press 1, 0, #, or * at any time rather than waiting for the voice instructions. This service can work with Call Forward (all calls). Numbers on your preferred list will follow you to your Selective Call Forward number. All other calls will be routed to your regular Call Forward number.